2012 -Recorded our new album “Strong Man vs Russian Bears” with Steven Drake producing. Steven Drake has written a few Canadian #1 hit songs and worked on many other chart topping records so we’re very happy to be working with him, he’s a genius!!!
– UK tour in May where we played 12 CRAZY shows in 14 days
– Summer of AMAZING Festivals and WONDERFUL Western Canadian shows, got out to Saskatchewan this year!!!
– The album release party for “Strong Man vs Russian Bears” was SMASHINGLY BRILLIANT!!! On Sept 8th a huge hall in Vancouver was jam packed with Blackberry Wood fans all there to celebrate the release of “Strong Man vs Russian Bears” and it has been sent out cross Canada to college and community radio!!! Ask for it at your local radio!!!
– Well we’ve played around 80 shows since New Years and we have 3 more jam packed months to go!!! Could be a WORLD RECORD This Year!!!
2011 – The whole month of March was an amazing tour of BC and Alberta, Playing almost every night!!!
-In May Blackberry Wood was invited back for another whirl wind 2 week tour to UK!!!
– Blackberry Wood played the rest of the summer all over BC and Alberta, some highlights from the summer are: In The House Festival, The Tree Planters Ball, Shellfish Festival, Serf Festival, Life is Good Fest at Bobb’s Inn, Midsummer Folk Fest, Hornby Island Get Up, Surrey Fusion Festival, Islands Folk Fest, Artswells Fest, and Beerlesque!!!
2010 -Spring tour to the UK where we played at the world famous Glastonbury Festival for a second year, Paradise Gardens Festival, Sunrise Festival, making a grand total of 31 shows in a whirlwind two months!!!
-Artists residency in March at the amazing Caravan Farm Theatre, for an uninterrupted two weeks of work on new material and study of the art of clowning.
-Unforgettable summer festival circuit in Western Canada including Surrey Fusion Festival, Little Fest, Artwells Festival, Robson Valley Music Festival, Sunshine Music Festival, and the Living Life Large Festival.
-Going up to Whitehorse, Yukon, for the hardy good times at Frostbite Festival in February.
– -Fun Fact! the stage at Living Life Large Festival was one of Ken Kesey and the Mary Pranksters roving stage buses and the last band to play on it before Blackberry Wood was the Grateful Dead.
2009 -Smashingly fun UK tour in November.
-Working with the amazing hit-songwriter-turned-producer Steven Drake of “The Odds” on Blackberry Wood’s latest album “Travelling Horse Opry”.
-Played Glastonbury Festival, StarBelly Jam Festival, Komasket Festival, Artwells Festival, and Blizzard Festival.
– -Fun Fact! Blackberry Wood played on the Glastonbury Club Dada stage after Lady Gaga made her surprise appearance on the same stage!
2008 -Played the Antics Banquet Festival in Norwich England, the mayor of London’s Thames Festival, and in Canada; Bonfire Music Festival, Blizzard Fest, David Grisman Bluegrass Experience Festival, and in the USA; the Point Roberts Music Festival.